A lot has happened since my last post. I turned 33 (getting old and feeling old), but more importantly the boys turned two! It felt like the boys turning two was such an achievement for everyone in our household. I remember those challenging days of when they were newborns and it feels a bit like I've won a race or something getting to the two year mark. They are little monkeys though, and they keep me on my toes. They get into everything and we feel like our house is on lockdown. Every cabinet and drawer has a lock on it, every bathroom and closet door in our home must always be closed and nothing can be left on a table or counter. They love to use anything they can get their hands on as a step stool to get things they are not supposed to have. Some of their favorite climbing aids are their Little People Barn, any large truck or tractor (even though this almost always results in an accident when the wheels start to roll), the Lego tub,, the other Lego tub, toy bins and stacked up books. They are crafty and Christian is the ring leader. He is usually on the lookout for chap stick, it's a prized possession for him. It helps that they are adorable at this age and they say and do the funniest things. They are talking more and more, I can't tell who is calling my name anymore around the house. All three "mom's!" sound the same, weird. The boys don't know it but we are planning on taking away their binkys this weekend. We'll see if it really happens. Foster won't care, but Christian will be pretty devastated.
In way of other news, Annie started a new pre-school and really likes it. Her class has a guinea pig, a bunny and three Jakes. She loves going to school and I love having her go to school, so everyone is happy. Michael is finishing up his 3rd quarter in school. I can't believe that we have almost been here for a year. He will start rotations in May, which seems so surreal. This past year in all day classes has been so rigorous oh him, he is looking forward to a change of pace in May. It's fun for now with M's rotations approaching to dream about where we will go next, or the possibility of staying here. Only time will tell, but I have a feeling that time will be here before we know it. And as for me, I bought a sewing machine in December and I have big plans with it. I will go to a class in February to learn how to use my machine. And then I'll go to a beginner sewing class with my friend Cassie in the end of February. I guess after that I'm on my own. Michael will have new plaid pajamas to sleep in in no time! We've been really lucky for our first winter here, so far it's been really mild. Only a few snow storms and the freezing temps come and go. I thought the freezing temps would be a permanent fixture.
Here are some new pics of the kids that a friend we met here took for us. Annie wasn't really in to having her picture taken that day so we didn't get many of her. But, the boys, they melt my heart, such cute brothers. They really do love each other. And, they've just started to say each others names, so cute. Speaking of cute, when I ask who has a stinky bum they pawn it off on each other. And when I tell them I need to change their diapers in the morning, F tells me to change C first, so funny.
 |
| C |
 |
| F sharing with C |
 |
| They loved the dogs |
 |
| C, love his dark brown eyes |
 |
| Happy boys |
 |
| F |
 |
| Little Annie |
Where did my comment go?? Now you'll think I didn't comment :) I love the pictures, I love the boys' hats and I I love the creative climbing. Tyler was a constant creative climber and gave me heart attacks everyday.
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are adorable. Can't wait for our sewing class.
ReplyDelete